Saturday, January 22, 2005

Welcome to my Emotionally Crippled Family

The following email is my brother's girlfriend's analysis of my dream. It has been edited for clarity and grammar.

Day,

Wow, that’s weird. Thank God, it was only a dream. You know what was funny, that your mom was yelling at you to take her somewhere. LOL.

Dreaming about paint balls and running around a familiar place, seems like you want to hurt someone but not hurt them bad. I’m sure you got hit with a paint ball before, like hurting someone with words. You have to say something to someone that’s been on your mind for a while, maybe your Mom. I’m interested to know what color you saw while playing paint ball.

The other woman in the dream whom you thought was your mom, but a friend. That’s easy. We all want that relationship with our Moms, that bond of friendship where we are adults and an equal to them. It took a long time for me to achieve that with my mom. So, the woman in your dream represented the Mom you want. The reason she was sad, as were you, is in your heart that’s what you want. Your mom has a very strong will. I see that in her.

What is weird is her Mom (your grandmother) is not that way. I noticed that when my kids first started to come over. Granny was running to hug and kiss them and still does. So does your dad, but your Mom seems to struggle. When they hug her or kiss her goodbye, its almost like she doesn't know how. It’s sad. Did you guys hug and kiss her when you were young? It’s funny because Moms are always closer to her boys. I feel that way. I always kiss and hug them even if they don’t want me to. Your Mom had 3 (boys). I would be in heaven with 3 very handsome men, all grown up, catering to my every whim. :) I guess people are different but I do know one thing it takes a lot to break your Mom down. She needs you guys hugging and kissing her, no matter what happen before. I’ve never see u guys come in and kiss your Mom. You know you’re all grown up now and you make your life what it is. You, Steve and Al are very smart men and I’m sure you have had to rely on each other before. You guys shouldn’t wait till it’s too late. I’ve said this once to your brother before about affection. It's up to you guys.

Okay, love ya Day. Muahhhhhzzzzzzz :)

Later: I expound on the topic, but just once. I promise to write about stuff, not so heavy. This was on my mind the past few days. I swear.