Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Not without a fight.

I think I'm getting sick. I have a fairly high tolerance for pain but when discomfort becomes constant and refuses to go away, I get fairly ornery. I've been skittering on the edge of irritability for the past 2 weeks now. It feels like the flu, but it hasn't gone full blown yet... and I don't intend on letting it. My healing factor seems to be malfunctioning.

I was tempted to take the day off today, but I won't give in. I did have the opportunity to take off early yesterday, which I made great use of. I took an afternoon nap. Soooo good. Sleep is my friend. However, upon waking, I experienced the onset of minor muscle aches, a definite sign of flu. Damn bug. OUT. OUT. Going to hit the gym this afternoon in hopes of powering it out and unwinding in the steam room.

Did I also mention that I'm stubborn about going to the doctor? I love my doctor and I don't mind seeing my doctor. But I'll hold out to the utmost necessity.

Add to the list of things that make me irritable, I've curtailed my coffee consumption and my refined carbohydrate intake. Goodbye muffins and donuts. You have been declared my arch nemeses. Thus denying my body some (excessive) fuel and stimulants, I don't need to be jacked up all the time. Trying to shed some unwanted fat, but I am making progress in putting on good weight.

Of course, now I'm hopped up on daytime cold medicine. Bye carbs. Hi medicine head.

That's my nutshell.