Saturday, February 19, 2005

A whole lotta saffron.



Today, like a good little 'mo living in NYC, I experienced Christo and Jeanne-Claude's The Gates. Yeah, yeah... I know. This topic has been discussed ad nauseam. I'll keep it brief. Meeting up with a few friends in the West Village, we headed up to Central Park via A Train.

"It's a 9/11 thing," overheard as I neared the park entrance. No doubt, an out-of-towner, fresh from a morning of touring Ground Zero.

"It's so tragic."
"Yeah."
"Take my picture in front of it."

Yeesh. Annoyed, I cleared my mind, took a cleansing breathe and entered the throngs of people moving through the park.

Simply, I was impressed. The sheer magnitude was incredible. It was a gorgeously clear day. Blue sky and saffron. I would have walked all of the paths, but my friend was cold. Hope to be back, probably on my own. The Gates are up till Feb. 28, there's still time.