Monday, March 27, 2006

After Black - Alegria Extreme 6

New York City has been bristling with an undercurrent of dark, sexual energy for a week leading to Black Party weekend. Men from all around the world, flooded in to partake of Rites XVI at Roseland and it’s associated, fringe events. Nothing like a bunch of gay men on holiday, stirring the pot of trouble. Idle hands ARE the devil’s playground.

I wonder if the Blue Store, Rainbow Station and Rainbows & Triangles have finished restocking on lube yet?

Anyway…

I had no intention of going to the BP and as a result, had purposely avoided any activities prior to it, steering clear of it all together.

The only festivities I was fitting in was…


…Alegria Extreme 6 at Crobar, attended with Robocub, his BF Robopapi and friend Alan.

I was excited… but I’d never been to an Alegria after a BP. I had some concerns.

There isn’t much sense to following a major circuit party with another. Plus it was a Sunday night, a good chance it wouldn’t be well attended as well as the men that went to BP, perhaps following it up with Hammam, may be too exhausted/strung out.

Boy, was I wrong.

The boys really do know how to stretch a party out and like me, many of the native NY boys took Monday off as well. Needless to say, Crobar was hopping at 1:00AM Monday morning and I was loving it.

The energy was palatable, sexually charging the room. It was heady. We jumped right in to the crowded dance floor. The men were particularly friendly. One couple patted my ass and grabbed at my harness, yanking on it, checking it was secure. I introduced myself and learned they were a couple in from Denver. Nice enough people. We danced nearby to them and in a short amount of time, I saw both of them diving down to… um… service someone. There probably was no shortage of on floor shenanigans.

RoboCub, Robopapi and I danced close, making sure not to loose each other in the sea of men. RoboPapi and I grabbed a drink and he commented that it was much more than a sea of men, more like a wall. ‘A seawall?’ I chimed. Had you been there ,you’d have thought it was a more like a breached levee with men spilling out, writhing and gyrating together.

I met their sexy friends from Vancouver, WoofDaddy and Woofboy. Simply woofilicious. Walking sex. They were fun to dance with as were their pack/clan of equally handsome friends.

The music was being served by DJ Abel. It was his blend of progressive, house, tribal tech. Also, this happens to be his birthday weekend.

My musical highlight:
First Time - Offer Nissim featuring Maya
Dibiza - Danny Tenaglia/Chus & Ceballos

THE musical lowlight:
"The Wings" (Dance Remix) — Gustavo Santaolalla
Yes, it’s the dance remix of the theme song from Brokeback Mountain.

Yuck. Unclean. Unclean.


Mike P. predicted this would happen. I’d hoped it wouldn’t but there I was staring at Robocub, both of us incredulous. DJ Dudu Marquez in the Prop Room played it as well along with a chipmunk'd version of Phil Collin's "Easy Lover."

Yuck. Unclean. Unclean. Some things were not meant to be remixed.


Beside THAT musical hiccup, the music was relentless and fun.

By 8:00… my energy waned. No amount of Redbull was going to invigorate and revitalize me. I wasn’t prepared to leave yet. Robocub and RoboPapi left before me. We’d lost Alan early in the morning. He reports, this was his first and last Alegria.

The party was still in full swing. I hung around, bopping my head to the music until I was mentally braced to leave. At 9:00, I stepped out into the blazing Monday morning sun, heading home.