Saturday, March 18, 2006

Hea-V-y

“People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people. ”
- V
Being completely unfamiliar with the work "V for Vendetta," I went into the movie with no expectations. To be honest, I did expect a stylish, perhaps noisy, well-made action thriller, due to the involvement of the Wachowski brothers. (While I was very disappointed with the Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions, there was no denying the greatness and impact of The Matrix. V for Vendetta is a fresh start for the Wachowskis IMO.)

What I got was surprisingly, great movie heavy in story and political/social commentary, wrapped in a beautifully filmed piece and none of the heavy handed special effects that we've grown accustomed to seeing in big budget films. I can definitively say, conservatives will hate V for Vendetta.

Hugo Weaving rocks. He's the new James Earl Jones/Darth Vader.

I highly recommend V for Vendetta and I totally want a Guy Fawkes mask.