Thursday, April 06, 2006

Left Coast

When I post this, I’ll be in San Francisco, my first time. I’m meeting up with the BF who’s been there since Monday for business.

As I write this, I’m seated on AA Flight 59, Seat 20F, flying westward. Fortunate I’ve got a window seat, doubly blessed that the center seat is vacant. I’m sure aisle passenger is pleased too.

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a little excited, albeit tired. Early morning flights are rough. I never sleep well, mostly because of anxious to get to where I’m going. Kind of like before I go out dancing. I enjoy travel. I did manage a few hours but they were fitful and fearful of missing the alarm. Beside that, like clockwork, I got before my cellphone alarm chirped. Turns out, I did NOT set the clock alarm properly.

Yikes.

There was a moment in my hurried morning that gave me pause. I’d arranged for car service to come pick me up at 5:00. 4:45, I heard a horn. Rushing to the window, I saw a car in front of the house. Damn, he’s early! They said they’d call. I hurriedly gather put on my jacket, grabbed my last things and rushed down. The car was gone.

Huh?

Calling the car service, they informed me that wasn’t it and mine would be leaving the base shortly.

What gives?

Too coincidental that someone else would be beeping the horn, before 5 in front of my home. My mind imagined an odious scenario like in The Bone Collector.
Unsuspecting me, gets into a car I believe is for me. The driver has somehow intercepted the car service schedule and wishes to do unspeakable things to me. Ultimately, I’ll be found dead, laid out in the peculiarities of my killer, with forensic clues, all to exact revenge on some holier than thou hero/heroine for past actions.

Yeah.

I’ve got an overactive imagination.

Anyhow, my deadly fate never happened and my real driver arrived to whisk me to JFK. Most of the time, we seemed to be straddling two lanes, but arrive at the airport safely.

After some AA drama, an unscheduled plane switch, people are settled and we’re off.
So here, I sit. I should sleep but I’m eager.

What to do when I get there? Don’t know. I’ll be winging it.
Got some plans for tomorrow, but I’ll see if they come to fruition or pass.

UPDATE: I’ve arrived.



BF jumped me and then dumped me to head out to an afternoon Yankee vs. Oakland Atlanta vs. SF (correction) game. Sheesh. Left to my own devices, what to do? I’m thinking Union Square.