Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Revenge of Loot!

Returned from Miami (brief recap to come) to a stream of incoming items.

I’ve been more mindful of what I’ve been picking up in robot collectibles.

Each considered piece, I weigh the coolness (engineering, design), uniqueness and nostalgia/personal connection, which ultimately factor into my need-to-have. Most items fulfill one or two requisites, but fall dismally short on the third. If it ain’t blowing up my skirt, it ranks as a pass.

Perfectly fine by me.

I’d canceled several, expensive, pre-release items. Initially, I jumped at them, pre-ordering at their first listing. I reneged before they shipped. They were merely rehashes/repaints of pieces I’d had in my collection. Cool as they are, they were superfluous iterations. I was also getting (back) in to the habit of getting two of the same item, one to keep MIB, Mint in box, and one to handle (play with of course!). I’d nipped that in the bud.

Sigh. It’s the collector’s dilemma. But damned if I’m not feeling so bad after I’ve calculated my total savings.

Whew.

Here’s the loot! It’s not much, but it makes me happy.




And what’s a week without new anime…



Yah… I know… it’s a lame ass post.
Give me a few… I’ll hit the gym and maybe I’ll feel more talky later.