Monday, May 23, 2005

Athletic Eye Candy

Coming out of Brooklyn, I boarded a train where sitting in a corner seat was a man, dressed in a t-shirt, shorts and baseball hat. Could anyone tell me what team a maroon hat, with an arrowhead logo, is for? ( Of course, I was hoping he bats for my team *giggle*) He was a muscular build, olive skin, dark hair and furry on exposed parts (nice legs/forearms). He was yummy. His face was very pleasant to look at. With his eyes closed, he perched his head up on the aluminum bat he was holding. Whenever he did open his eyes, they had a dreamy quality about them, or it could have been that he was dreaming. I had to wonder why he was dressed like that, so early in the morning. What was his story? I didn't look at the width of his bat (no comments pls) to tell if it was a softball or hardball bat. Was it softball practice? Was he a minor leaguer? College baseballer? Maybe it was just a day (off) at the batting cages? I'll never know.
At Canal Street, I changed to another train. Immediately, I was struck with the question, "Why is this guy dressed all in ChampionĀ® grey sweats?" This was juxtaposed with what looked like a shiny bling-bling BreitlingĀ® and white NikesĀ®. This boyish man was blond with a crew cut, probably Russian/Slavic. His face wasn't bad but, it looked sullen and beaten upon. Not nearly as handsome as the ball player. I concluded that he was probably a boxer/fighter and that the sweats hid a very ripped, fighting machine. As we both left the train (what boxing gyms are near my work?), I glimpsed his hands, meaty and thick. Definitely a fighter. The sweats did nothing to hide his bulbous ass. OUCH!

I would've liked to have photographed these men for keepsakes, but one had a bat and one was a fighter. Yeah, that would've been asking for a bashing.