Thursday, May 26, 2005

Errands of Joy

I managed to get to the gym in the morning, freeing myself to do whatever I wanted for lunch.

I'd made the best of my lunch hour, well, an hour and a quarter.

First, I walked up to Astor Place for a haircut. Second, I proceeded up to Cosmic Comics on 23rd Street/Broadway. Third, went further up to ImageAnime on 30th Street/6th Ave from which I returned back down to the office. Whew. Everything was like clockwork except for the R/W train at 23rd Street, going uptown. It was slow going, so it killed 5-8 minutes.

At Cosmic, I had a backlog of books to pick up:


Somehow, I missed…



At ImageAnime, I had to get:



I couldn't help myself. Die-Cast goodness.

Sure, I could have waited on a few things and not run around like an maniac, but I wanted to see if I could do it in an hour. Close but not quite.

Talked with friend Neal this morning while he was commuting to work in Los Angeles. We started chatting as he was 6 miles from work. A half hour later, he was just in view of his office. Ack. I think I would die. He said that lunch errands, such as the ones I executed today, were impossible to do in L.A., let alone one of leg of my lunch run. Guess I did my loony lunch run, because I could. Nyah. Nyah.

Eat? Who eats at lunch? After getting back, I ran out to the corner store for some spanish food, yellow rice, beef stew and black beans. Yum.