Monday, May 23, 2005

Sunday Afternoon Dance Machine

This past Sunday, DJ Victor Calderone spun his second Evolve party at Crobar. I'd wanted to get there for 9:00am, but I had difficulties falling asleep the night before. The BF woke me at 7:30AM, asking "What time were you planning on going?" "Now," I replied. I quickly dressed, kissed the BF and left.

Like the last time, I wasn't going directly to the club. I went to the gym first albeit, the "new" gym. Fortunately, the SoHo Crunch, while not open until 9:00AM, let me in early. I really wasn't in the mood to try out the Lafayette facility. A quick workout gave me an adequate pump and confidence boost, hit the showers and I was out of there. I did stop by the office to drop off my gym bag. Lesson learned from the last time.

The day was ominous weather-wise, dark and grey. I hailed a cab as the sky started to spit. By the time I reached 28th and 10th, it was raining steadily. I didn't mind. This made it all the better that I'd be spending the next few hours inside a dark club. It wouldn't feel like a day wasted.

I literally walked right in. I'm guessing this is what the security guards called "Alegria Searches" since I wasn't searched at all, not that I had anything to hide. It was no more than 10 minutes from the door to coat check to the dance floor.

More of the same (Yes, Joe ::thud::) but ever so slightly different from the last time is how I'd describe this Evolve party. Regardless, I had a blast as I usually do. I'd managed to get right in to a groove.

I was all by my lonesome, so I wasn't waiting on anybody to arrive, which I don't quite know why, stresses me out so. Ran into a few club friends, but for the most part, danced and pranced by myself. The crowd was lighter than last time. This may have had to do with Junior's Military Ball Party at Spirit. But everyone was partying and dancing hard. It was tres gay (good-looking crowd) with a smattering of women and guido knuckleheads. All friendly and accommodating, no pushing and shoving. I'm fairly certain I had a handful of admirers lurking about and that's not including the woman that felt compelled to gently scratch my abs in appreciation as I passed her by the bathroom. This isn't nearly as blush inducing as the high-as-a-kite japanese girl at Arc that ran her finger down my chest and abs lasciviously, exclaiming "Sexy." ::rolls eyes::

Some musical highlights for the afternoon:
8 Letters - Holmes Ives (VC dropped an awesome mix!)
Keep It Coming - 7 feat. Mona Monet (an oldie but goodie)

Victor started playing with the crowd a little bit towards the last 2 hours. A couple of times, he brought us down and followed up by slamming us with a hard pounding track. WORK! Victor had the club grooving till about 5.

I walked out into a steady rainfall. Absolutely miserable outside. Evolve was a great way to spend a rainy day.