Friday, April 14, 2006

Into the hills - Part 2

…and end dramatic pause.

Seriously, could I have waited any longer to finish recapping my SF trip?
With all my dilly-dallying, I may have given the impression I was still in San Francisco when I've been home since Sunday night!

Lagged and tired, I haven't shaken the fatigue. Past few days, mid-afternoon, I've been fighting to stay awake. Totally unlike me. Could be I've got a slight cold.

Work has been incredibly busy. Manager is moving and has left me in charge. Let me tell you, I'm reminded of how it was being a manager… and it SUCKS. Having to wait on people to get your work done is stressful and even then it's not enough. So glad I don't have to do this full-time, I'm content to be a cog for now.

I digress…

I'm hoping to get back on track, soon as I finish this damn recap!! Ooh I rhymed.

That is, if anyone cares now.

Anyway… here it is.

Sunday
It was another early start. We were meeting EL for breakfast in the Castro and he was taking us out to Golden Gate Park today. First, packing up some, our flight was at 4PM. We had to be ready to move as soon as we got back.

We rode the MUNI, (our second time, we're old hat now) leaving us right beneath the big old rainbow flag. Aren't we over the rainbow yet? EL and J met us and took us to a scrumptuous breakfast at Squat and Gobble Cafe, sitting outside, warmed under the heaters. With a hot cup of coffee, it was nice and cozy on this cool SF morning.

J had graciously volunteered to give us a driving tour of Golden Gate Park. We wouldn't have seen a fraction as much as we did. It was an awesome gesture and we're grateful.

Long short: Golden Gate Park, Golden Gate Bridge, Golden Gate National Recreation Park, Sausalito.










NOw that I'm home, I kinda miss SF.

Don't say it.