Friday, May 26, 2006

Voltes V

The bots just keep on coming.

Everyone, please meet Voltes V.




I didn't expect this bad-ass, piece of die-cast to show up on my doorstep so quickly.
HLJ expedited the shipment.
Can't complain.
It's a gorgeous piece.
The original version of the Voltes V toy would be a valued addition to anyone's collection.

But this re-imagining and re-engineered piece has been highly anticipated by collectors/fans.

With great demand, comes great opportunity. The price gouging is pretty incredible, swirling around this piece. My Voltes V came from the other side of the globe and still I paid less (with shipping and no tax) than what I'd hope to get it here locally.

Well, long short, I have it and feeling pretty good about it.

PS: Sorry about another boring bot post. Fret not, I'll be returning to my usual self and reports of my club outings in NY.

Memorial Day weekend looks to be pretty thin, party-wise, but I've got a nose for finding something. Stay tuned. :)