Monday, November 06, 2006

Still Star Trek geeking.

This arrived in the morning.



I'd been absent-mindedly surfing through Amazon and it'd caught my eye. It snagged onto a forgotten part of me, the Star Trek geek that'd used to spend hours, pouring over starship technical data and design schematic books, absorbing every tidbit. I'd add to my fount of useless knowledge, so that I could later recall them, impressing my fellow Star Trek geek friends.

Or at least, I'd hope I would.

Scanning the book, it wasn't quite what I expected. No tech data. No schematics. Not even a comparative size chart of the Enterprise line. I love comparative size charts. Heh.

Instead, it's filled with beautifully rendered CGI and painted images of the ships of Star Trek.

While "Ships of the Line" didn't fulfill my desire for useless technical data, it gave me a pang of being homesick. I looked fondly over the pictures, remembering Star Trek as an old friend with whom I used to pass the time, an old friend who hadn't been around in a while.

Labels: