Friday, September 08, 2006

Home

I’m back in NYC. Flying in to JFK late Tuesday night, returning to work (and the gym) on Wednesday, I’ve been settling into a normal, post-summer pace of life.

After a whirlwind trip to SF, it feels good.

Quick SF recap.

The trip was great. I met lots of good people, also attending the “wedding” of K & M. Notably, I discerned that one of them, E, who’d moved out to California two years ago with his wife, had attended junior high school with me in Brooklyn nearly 19 years ago.

Yikes!

Talk about a small world.

We had a lot of fun at K&M's ceremony. It was at Aurobora Press, an art gallery a few blocks walk from our hotel. The ceremony was very sweet and touching.

The BF took over 600 photos on the trip. He’s a menace with a 1gb memory card. I have to sort through the photos and post some.


SF wasn’t too crazy a trip for me.

I spent most of my time resting, fighting chest congestion precipitated by allergies I’m guessing. I went to the doctor first chance I had upon returning to NY. Feeling much better thanks. Not to mention, everytime I drank alcohol I was thrown for a loop. Very strange.

The BF was on a tear, hitting the bars and having a grand old time with our friends. If it wasn’t Midnight Sun, it was Badlands. I could barely tolerate both as I’m NOT a big fan of bars. Badlands was especially tough. They played awful 80s dance music, from Whitney Houston to Dead or Alive. I couldn’t even pretend to enjoy it.

We did manage some dancing (with the bears) at Sanctuary by GusPresents, the party concluding the Harrison Street Fair. The music was only marginally better than Badlands quite honestly. Lots and lots of vocals. Sigh.

Plenty of good eating, in the Castro and about town. All good except for the last night when the BF’s face turned red from what could have been an allergic reaction to something he ate.

Beside all that, a little shopping was in order. I got Ray Ban aviators (more function than fashion for a change) and a Nixon watch, the Dictator.





Labels: ,