Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Mucking around under the hood.

It's not a euphemism for uncut penises or a tell-all on a Ku Klux Klan member. I've been tooling around in the template for my blog again.

I've written a post (currently saved in draft), that is too long (I will self-edit). If I can't pare it down, I wanted to see about adding some control to the reader, a javascript to choose to continue reading and display the rest of the post. Jase uses it. I'm traipsing into javascript and it's got me befuddled.

I lifted the javascript from Jase's site and plugged into one of my existing posts. It didn't work.
In the process of doing so, I've discovered that my blog template is generating an anomalous error. This I found out when opening the JavaScript Console in FireFox and seeing lots of read error reports. Yikes!

Currently trying to narrow down where this error is coming from. It's nothing I've added recently and being new to this, it'll take some work and research. Apologies in advance if this causes problems for anyone's browsers. As far as I can tell, it won't.

If anyone is gracious and knowledgeable enough to take a gander at the page source and perhaps advise me, I'd be grateful. Just no comments about what a mess I've made.