Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Potent Potables with RoboCub

I'd had a quiet weekend, no carousing about and being an evilBuddha, not even quasi-evil. During our afternoon IMs, Erik suggested we grab a drink. It was a great opportunity to get out and catch up with a new friend. I wasn't looking to make up for a lackluster weekend. It was Monday after all. With that in mind, after a few games of Halo, I headed out from work to meet him at XL.

This is Erik's take on the evening. Did we really talk about sex that many times? :-P I guess we did. He didn't mention the Robbie William's video with the Tears for Fears "Mad World" bassline/sample. There was a gathering upstairs, which we were not privvy to. A guy was manning the velvet rope. Sighted: David Barton and Mark Green (who was hovering in the bathroom a tad too long.)

After two drinks, I was feeling pretty good. All that unused energy from the weekend was surfacing. The music was trigging my need to get out and dance. There wasn't anything of note happening on a Monday night that would have satisfied my need, so I squelched it. I'd have to wait for the weekend. I did ply Erik to have another drink but I didn't force him. He'd nursed his second martini and I wasn't about to make him violate his two drink rule on a school night.

Not much more I can add to the mix, except for my own annoyance with the bartender at XL. I'd wanted to start a tab and XL didn't accept credit cards. The bartender looked dumb as a stick, maybe he didn't know how.

The bartender collected his tip, asked if there was anything else and when we said no, he asked us to go hang out "over there." What an asshole. The bar was empty.

Needless to say, XL is on my shitlist. Well enough energy wasted on bad rubbish.