Friday, March 25, 2005

PSP - Day 1

Sitting across the train from me this morning, an Asian man tapped furiously at his Nintendo DS. Electronic blips and pops eminated from the double-screened machine. I smirked, laughing inside. For a second, I wondered, should I pull out my PSP, immediately sending him into envy? No, I shouldn't do that. It would have been cruel. For the very same reason, I didn't do it last night as I rode home. I'd sat across from a young Asian boy, studiously reading Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul. It was better he feed his head. I didn't want to distract him. His legs folded, feminine. Perhaps it wouldn't have made a difference but kids are still kids.

Day 1
I'm amazed how much they've crammed into this little, electronic dynamo. I've been watching Spider-Man 2, astounding quality. Looking forward to getting House of Flying Daggers. Playing WipeOut Pure has been fun. Racing around, I surprised myself by coming in first. Yeehaw. Gold Medal. Save Game. Untold Legends, an RPG which is not usually my cup of tea, has been engrossing. Twisted Metal Head-On is a riot, large boards and beautiful graphics.

While I've been putting the PSP through it's paces, it has been kicking my ass back. My hands and thumbs are killing me. Carpal Tunnel anyone? I worked out today and doing my bicep curls, I thought I'd go heavy. My forearms burned. I had to drop the weight significantly to finish my reps. Ouch. Feel the burn baby. PSPing is going to be in moderation, as it would be silly to injure myself irrevocably, playing games. It doesn't stop me from looking forward to doing it. I've still got Darkstalkers and Lumines to check out.

I'll be spending some quality-time gaming, PSP and Doom 3, this weekend but that won't be all of my time. Chris Glass is coming to town and hope to see him tomorrow for a little meet up, and for PBJs (yum), just working out my schedule.

No crazy dance weekend for me. Not feeling the itch, but it's there. I'm sated for now. Most of the big name DJs are down in Miami for the Winter Music Conference. It's a big dance music to-do. I'll go one year. Imagine being lost and dancing for a whole week, it is intriguing.

It is Easter Weekend. Dance party on pause, resuming next week? We'll see.
Watch out for bunnies.
He's got huge, sharp-- eh-- he can leap about-- look at the bones!