Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Stabilizer malfunction.

Riding the train was a chore this morning. After a strenuous weekend of dancing, I lose my ability to stand on the subway, more commonly known as "subway surfing." My lateral stabilizers are all loosey-goosey and limber from all the booty shaking. Each sudden stop and jerk of the car, sends me hopping around to maintain my balance. Sigh. The price I pay.

Without falling on my ass, I made it to the gym. No cardio for me thanks, not for another day or so. I'd probably fly off the side of the treadmill and I need to save whatever's left of my knees. Not to mention, I'm looking rather svelte these past few days. The scale tells me otherwise. Managed a decent workout, didn't know where the energy was coming from but I did feel winded. It's all good.

My appetite for music has been voracious. I've been fiending for new music. Picked up Fabric 20: John Digweed (not bad, kind of downbeat but gets spirited in the middle) and Rauhofer: Live at Roxy 4 ( I know, he's not there anymore. It's ok, very of the moment.), and the new Moby, Hotel on iTunes last night. Have yet to check it out. Waiting for a good time to sit back and give it a good listen. I'm looking forward to the next Global Underground 027: Miami by Danny Howells, due next week Mar. 29. Pretty jazzed. Good dance compilations have been somewhat rare. Mr. Howells usually delivers a solid mix. I'd probably find it on Soulseek or similar peer-to-peer, but the frustration isn't worth my time.

Meanwhile, I've listened repeatedly to "Black Celebration" and "The Visitors."
Help me.