Saturday, May 28, 2005

Memorial Day Beginnings

I'm up in Monticello, hanging at my friend B & C's house for Memorial Day.
Past few times I've been here, if I wanted to use the computer, it's been dial-up. Starting up today, I stumbled on a wireless network and it's been left deliciously open for me to hijack and plunder. I'll take this opportunity to post.

It's been a restful beginning to the Memorial Day weekend.

Considering all of the poor forecasts I'd been hearing all week, the weather was surprisingly gorgeous this morning. The BF and I started out early, stopping around Brooklyn to run a few errands before heading out. It was a beautiful day for a drive and with little incident, the road gods were kind. We trekked through Staten Island, into New Jersey and back into New York. We tried to coordinate a meet up with B & C, who were just a few minutes behind. They'd stopped in Paramus to pick up some baby things. BF was driving and too busy jetting around to pay attention so we missed the stop and continued on to the house. We'd arrived a few minutes before them.

With the nice weather, we were looking forward to some tennis but we were all starving. We headed out to grab a bite to eat and stopped into Wal-Mart to pick up a few things,Snagged some bargains to fill out the DVD library like, Poltergeist and Thirteenth Ghost for $4.88, Jumanji for $5.50 and Terminator for $7.50. Sweet!

We hoped to get back, grab our racquets and get to the courts. By the time, we walked out of Wal-Mart, the sky was dark and ominous. Hopping into the cars, we were running ahead of the storm. The wind whipped up, pushing the car around and the rain started to fall. No tennis alas.

I'd packed things to do in case of bad weather, namely the Nintendo Gamecube and a wealth of games. I'd also gotten two games this morning at TRU, SoulCalibur II and Simpson's Hit and Run. I've been playing SCII late into the evening with friend S. I'm enjoying this opportunity since not many people will play video games with me, especially fighting games. We did play Scene It TV edition, also picked up at TRU.

It has rained the entire time until mid-evening. I hope it isn't like this tomorrow. We're hoping to get on the Delaware River for some rafting.