Friday, June 24, 2005

I'd much rather be dancing.



In my boredom, I decided to do something geeky and cool. I extended my wireless network to the front of the house with my Airport Express, which I'd been sadly underusing. As I write, I'm sitting on the front stoop, tapping away.



It's a nice night for it. The air is breezy and cool as I watch the cars whiz by on the street. Being a main thoroughfare, there are so many cars making the corner pretty notorious for traffic accidents. With all the cars, who needs a radio? Queen's "Radio Ga Ga", heard from a bright yellow Dodge Ram pick-up.

Gotta love summer in Brooklyn.

On my forced hiatus, I've responsibly reported home to continue resting my injured ankle. Truth be told, it's 100% better than it was yesterday which makes me a little nervous. How is it possible that my ankle is near pain-free? I'd gone the day without pain killers yesterday but today I'd popped three Tylenol® before heading out to work. It makes me question how much pain is being masked? or rather in Tylenol's case, how much higher has it elevated my pain threshold? The Tylenol is moot at this point, seeing as I'd taken it this morning and it's well past it's pain coverage time. It could be that I didn't hurt myself nearly as badly as I thought or I've wonderfully developed a mutant healing factor for which I'd say, "Why's it taking so long?"

Regardless, I'm not doing anything to aggravate my ankle or set back the healing progress. That is until Sunday night.



Which reminds me,
Happy Pride to all my brothers and sisters.

Be safe, be proud and be well.