Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Sweet Weather Break

Exiting the bedroom this morning, the stifling, warm air in the outer rooms of the apartment struck me. Ugh. Awful. Only the bedroom and home office are air conditioned, so the rest of the space is NOT and and made me NOT look forward to another day at work. The AC is lackluster in the office. I tire of being moist and sticky, and my arms sweating against the desk. Yuck, yuck yuck. Totally unsexy.

However, as I showered, a cool breeze blew through the open window. Is that from outside? I reserved my giddy self until I stepped out the front door, just as a humidity-free wind hit me.

Wow. Awesome.

This weather has pulled my spirits up. Not that I was down. I was beaten down by damp, muggy and generally horrible air quality. It hindered me from doing anything, including blogging. But as you can see, that's no longer the case.

The office is bearable thankfully. Of course, I'd much rather be outside. Whoever can, get out when you can. It's too nice to pass up.

Work has abated as well, so it shouldn't be an issue for me to catch "Batman Begins" tonight. Pretty excited about it and really looking forward to it since co-worker E reports, "It's good." E had seen the midnight show this morning.

Hope the rest of the week moves quickly. I've got Steve Lawler at Spirit, Friday night and heading out to Fire Island directly afterwards. It's going to be a long weekend.

All good.