Friday, June 03, 2005

Mundanity

Apologies if anyone has been waiting in BATED breathe for my post. Of course, I would never deign to be that self-important. Alas, here is a post filled with the "ho-hums" of my Clark Kent-esque identity. Yes, my alter-ego, the one making a living so that I can dance and party like a blogstar, has been very busy. The company I work for, pays me for a reason. It has kept my mind distracted from important things like, blogging, robots and video games.

Acquisitions have been extremely light this week. There weren't any DVD releases that I had to have. Moonlighting did come out, not that I'd had interest in it. But I know because my former co-worker is a fan and was excited about it's release. He's been torturing me on iChat with snippets of the Moonlighting song.

Some walk by night
Um.
Some fly by day
No.
Nothing could change you
Stop.
Set and sure of the way
GRRRR.

Riding the wave of video game play from Memorial Day weekend, I broke out Soul Calibur II on the Xbox. I'd finished the primary missions when I'd first gotten it but left the extra missions undone. They are fricking hard. It's going to be a test of my will and patience to see if I can do them. I'm lost on the controls from playing on the GameCube.

I bought Jade Empire for the Xbox which has been reviewed very highly. The gameplay is reminiscent of Untold Legends on the PSP, albeit on the Xbox console. It's an action RPG. I'd played 15 minutes into the game and encountered a bug whereupon my character was trapped on stairs and unable to move, while enemies were attacking. It was tres frustrating. After defeating the bad guys with some area attacks, I regained my mobility and died in the next encounter before saving. GRRR. Not to be discouraged, I'll chalk this incident up as a one time occurrence and give JE another try tonight.

As if fate was telling me to stop spending frivolously, my AMEX card snapped and cracked across the magnetic strip today. A replacement is on it's way but I'll have to hold out on the spur of the moment, instore purchases. Doesn't stop me online. I've got my number memorized. Sad.

A minor PSP Update
I'd finished Untold Legends a few weeks back and have yet to fill the void on the PSP. Smart Bomb is an interesting game, but is annoying as shit to play. Speed logic puzzles are NOT fun. Rengoku is an utter disappointment. The controls are clunky and the gameplay is bland. I've gone back to playing Lumines which has been surprisingly satisfying.

Besides that, I've managed to make it to the gym 6 times this week. It's a good start to the summer season and I hope to pack on a few pounds of muscle by midsummer. Doing my cardio also, which bores me to tears but must be done.

Groan.

AutoLove, my VW Passat, hit the 5K mark this past weekend. Took her into the VW service center for the 5K service yesterday and picked her up this morning. The VW service rep was most helpful, but I'm biased since I think he's cute as hell and I'm crushing on him.

The weather right now is miserable and I've decide to hang home tonight.

Looking forward to the rest of the weekend. Party tomorrow night and then out dancing till the next day. Doesn't get any better for me. :)