Thursday, June 09, 2005

Heat addled mind.

Gosh, it's a scorcher out there. My little weather widget reports that it's 85 degress in Brooklyn but it feels so much hotter than that in Manhattan.

Weather like this, I would love to be frolicking somewhere half-naked on a beach, by a pool or in a park. Alas, it's a work day and I'm stuck in the city, fully-clothed. The air quality sucks and sweat comes with the slightest urging. Indoors is the best place to be, but it's only marginally better.

The office is in the between stages of construction or rather an interrupted stage. They had big plans but they changed. As a result, there isn't a real air conditioning system. All we have are ceiling fans and two mobile AC units, which aren't great but they're doing enough to keep the space from becoming stifling but only just.

Earlier, I'd felt like I'd succumb to the heat. Trying to work and sort out some mathematics is tough especially when the heat is making me drowsy. To top it off, coupled with having not eaten anything, I was easily confused and couldn't sort out my thoughts, totally frustrating. Oy. Took a walk at lunch, to get a haircut and grab a bite, that straightened me out.

Now, I've got no work and fighting to stay awake in the boredom and heat. Double Oy.