Sunday, June 05, 2005

JUNE-IOR

Hmm.
Well.

I can definitely say I danced and had a pretty decent time.

I'd gotten to the club around 3:00AM and the crowd was very sparse. It never got crowded throughout the morning which surprised me. I figured more people would give Junior and Spirit a chance as opposed to Hex Hector at Roxy. I could be mistaken or the low attendance is indicative of what happens in the summer, when everyone abandons the city for their summer shares.

Incidentally, some of the usual cast of characters for Junior's parties weren't there. It made Spirit much more comfortable to dance. Except when you get your "admirers" who purposely dance close to you, that is incredibly annoying. Some of them were the ugly people. Why is it the ugly people step to me? Like I'm ugly or something. Makes me a little depressed. The ones that aren't ugly, were scary anyway. They don't say anything. They hover and stare. They'd fall into the freak category then. There were some cuties, but it seems that I'm too damn intimidating.

Ran into a few club buds. I hung out with D & R, both of whom I was surprised to see again.

Now about the music, it was really a chore to dance to. I'm accustomed to a greater sound density than what Junior was offering last night. It was a lot of banging with no back beat. He had lots and lots of breaks and there was never a back beat to bridge from one song to another. I think I've said this before. Regardless, I spent a fair amount time standing around on the dance floor waiting for the music to go somewhere as opposed to banging about in a break.

Junior started to throw some serious beats towards the end. Junior was going till noon but I was pooped by then and left at 9:45AM. It was a lot earlier than I thought.

Some notable tracks (updated, thanks to the JVM messageboard):
Razor n Guido - "Do It Again"
Madonna - "Die Another Day"
Madonna - "Deeper & Deeper" (Junior's Earth Mix)
Madonna - "Mother & Father" (Petah ROOHUFFER Re:invention Mix)
Michael Jackson - "Bad" (Oscar Velazquez Mix)
Vernessa Mitchell - "Love Will Find a Way" (Junior's Mix)
Gladys Knight - "My Imagination" (JV Mix)
Ellis D - "I Like It" (Bongo Massive Mix)
Vernessa Mitchell - "Troubles" (Junior's Sunday Morning Mix...intro only)
Mary J. Blige - Your Weeping Child.
Thelma Houston - "Don't Leave Me This Way 2005" (Junior's Mix)
Gwen Stefani - "Hollaback Girl" (Escape & Gomi Mix)
Rob Thomas - "Lonely No More"
David Gray - "Babylon" (Junior's Tribacoustic Mix)
Kim English - "Unspeakable Joy"
Vernessa Mitchell - "This Joy"

Side Note:
Do NOT watch "When Boys Fly" after a night of dancing and partying.
While it is an interesting and prevalent documentary style movie from TLA Releasing, it's a DOWNER.