Friday, June 17, 2005

Hopped Up.

I'd spent the entire morning, slightly beside myself. I'd had every intention of hitting the gym this morning for a run. Prior to boarding the N train, I drank my orange juice and popped my three Thermo-Burstâ„¢ pills. By the time I arrive at the gym, my metabolism would be whipped up into a frenzy and ready to unload on the treadmill.

Leave it to the MTA to thwart my plans.

My train was going local, then it wasn't. Maybe. Then it did but only after sitting in the station for 15 minutes. I don't know why, but I was unaware of the passage of time. It might have been I was fixated on the PSP and Lumines.

By the time I'd arrived at my stop, I was pretty spacey and it was too late to hit the gym. Grrrr. I'd have to go later and I was virtually bursting from my skin. Of course, I, of infinite wisdom and intelligence, got an iced coffee without thinking.

Buzzing would only mildly describe what I was feeling.

At noon, an impending shit storm of work forced my manager to say, "Go now while you can." He didn't need to tell me twice.

So after a quick run, workout and lunch, I feel normal. Whew. I do this far too often, eventually I'll learn, hopefully, not as I watch my heart extricate itself from my chest.

Past few days, I've been a little under the weather. The shift from hot humid to cool humid had incited a bit of chest congestion. This made me a little less robust and hard to breathe. Diminished lung capacity sucks. Also felt weak as if I was fighting an infection. That really sucks considering the weekend I have planned. It's been lots of sleep and making sure I keep warm.

The outlook is good. I've mended as much as I could. No rest for the wicked as it were.

All systems are GO.

Posting will be light, seeing as I don't intend on being anywhere near a computer of my own this weekend.

Later for now.