Thursday, July 28, 2005

flat-footed.

This is the news, I got from the PA at my doctor's office today. I have no arch support so I'm flat-footed. Great. Not necessarily heart crushing news, but who wants to hear about a bodily malfunction?

It was high time I had my left ankle looked at. I'd sprained it in the last week in June. Procrastinate much you say. I'm not suffering any pain now, however any strenuous activity, ie. running, walking into the surf, dancing, results in swelling and with it, an uncertainty about the healing process. So I had it checked out.

Long short, ankle's loosey-goosey. Sprain means ligaments are pulled, torn, damaged and will heal but become longer. Thus ensuring a future of sprains and ankle twists. Wonderful. The PA was able to tell immediately that I'd had previously sprained my right ankle. Love the thought of my ankles both buckling. Wouldn't that be an interesting recovery move I'll be making.

In the current healing process, my musculature is compensating for the weakness and they're being taxed. Being flat-footed doesn't help either as I'm told. Starting Monday, I have physical therapy to help correct this and I'm investing in some arch support.

Interesting thing I've learned today is that Omega-3 Fatty Acids are a good anti-inflammatory. I got me some already since I can't be taking aspirin, on a count of the fact that I'm sensitive. Yeah, I'm sensitive like that, but I'm talking about aspirin sensitivity. If you don't know what I'm talking about, take my word it sucks. Just imagine 12 hours of pain relief being 12 hours of agita.