Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Occupational Shit Storm.

Yes, I definitely stepped in it this morning. I've been plugging away at the computer, assembling a presentation for the last four hours. They'd decided to move their meeting up. Good thing I'd taken home the project last night, to get a leg up on things, otherwise, I'd have been starting from scratch. Of course, they're still adding pages so my work is ongoing. Surprisingly, I'm in good spirits and I've performed well under pressure.

Sidenote: I'd just heard some terrible news. An agency I'd worked for is shuttering the doors on their NY office. I've still got some friends there, so it really hurts to hear this. The NY office never did regain it's footing after 9/11 and it's been on a slide for some time, but I'd always hoped it'd rebound. The advertising industry, as a whole as slipped but that's a whole different discussion. I wish only the best for my friends.

Ironically, it looks like the agency I'm associated with now, will be taking over one of the closing agency's accounts.