Saturday, July 09, 2005

FFF

Fantastic Four Fun!



The BF and I went to see the movie last night.

I'd had many, many reservations about it since I'd caught reviews Thursday on it from the Daily News and Rotten Tomatoes. They did not rate it highly, a downer for sure as I'd already pre-purchased tickets Monday.

In light of current events, "Fantastic Four" was exactly what I needed. It is a light hearted, re-imagined origin story of the Fantastic Four with plenty of comedic bits that kept it moving and from becoming too serious.

Everytime Chris Evans was on screen, I was locked on to him. Sooo fucking hot. The movie producers were kind enough to provide many opportunities to see Mr. Evans half-naked or in his form fitting uniform. Yummy. Such a beautiful specimen of man and his cocky rendition of Johnny Storm was perfect.

Go ahead, disagree with me, I know very well the movie is less than fantastic. Through all the total disregard for Marvel canon, the 2-dimensional acting and effects, I left the theater with a smile. $24.50 lighter, it was money well spent.