Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Dropping the kids in the pool.

Not figuratively (ew) but literally. That's how I spent July 4th, throwing/dropping/flipping/heaving kids in the BFs brother's pool out in Staten Island. The nephew and his equally small/young neighbor squealed in delight as I heaved them from the water to about 2-3 feet above the water and then splashing down. Snot running down their faces, coughing up water and asking "More." I happily obliged until the two decided to get on each other shoulders and mine in a horrible attempt which left me with a pulled neck and them not splattered on the deck or pool edge. So ended the evilbuddha pool throw.

Still, Monday was a beautiful day for pool, barbeque and sunning. I've filled in my tan nicely. I can definitely wait to have my next hotdog. I've eaten my fair share and it's time to refocus on the gym.

We couldn't have asked for a more idyllic weekend.