Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Music Bonanza

I haven't been clubbing in two weekends.

Torturous.

Well… not really. I welcome the rest and so does my ankle which, for those that care, seems fine. I ran on it for the first time this Monday. Nothing strenuous, 6 MPH for 30 minutes. No pain but it swelled some afterwards. MacBoyX advises I should have it looked at. Doctor's appointment… soon. No, I'm not stalling. Soon. Promise.

But I digress.

Back to the subject at hand.

I've been compensating for not clubbing by purchasing lots of music. Not all of it club music (maybe most of it), some downbeat, chill and lounge-y. Life doesn't always happen at 130 BPM. Its all good in my opinion.

Here's what I've picked up in the last month or so.

Satoshi Tomiie - ES



Green Velvet - Walk in Love (iTunes)



Chris Fortier - Balance 007



Sasha - Fundacion NYC (iTunes)



Nick Warren - Global Underground 028 Shanghai*




* It should be noted that this 2 CD set is available on the iTunes Music Store and if you purchase this album from there, included in the download is a version of each CD as a single, joined track. A nice step forward for Apple or Global Underground to recognize that not everyone likes to hear pauses in their continuously mixed CDs.
I just wish Apple would fix this on the iPod already.

Bent - Later



SupperClub 9



James Zabiela - Renaissance Utilities



Adam Beyer - Fabric 22



Dave Clarke - World Service Vol. 2



Mike Cruz - Arrival



Cielo - Cloud 9



Deep Dish - George Is On



Superchumbo - Wowie Zowie



Dean Coleman - House of Yoshi



FYI: Its new release Tuesday. Constantine is out.
You'll get a better deal at Circuit City than Best Buy, but you can price match at BB if you have the CC circular. Its a hassle but you save a few here and there.