Thursday, July 28, 2005

Lost: Chicken Head

What's passed of the week has been a blur. Work has been a bear with many projects and itty-bitty amounts of time to do them. This cuts into prime blogging time too, as you know.

Not a great trend but I've taken to bringing work home with me. I used to do this at the previous job but the difference here is BILLABLE HOURS. Still, this isn't with out it's personal cost.

For one, I'm exhausted. I worked on a project till 2:30AM last night. Got lots of it done, but by 2AM, I was cutting corners and it wouldn't have been good. As I drifted off to sleep, I had the craziest dream. I followed a lizard along a path and just as I got close, CRACK, I felt my neck jolt and I was wide awake for a minute. Don't know if it was an involuntary jerk but it also felt as if I'd been yanked. BF was snoozing… so, maybe it's the dead people.

Secondly, I'm a bit harried. I was rushing out this morning to the doctor's office before heading into work. I thought I could make it into the office for a quick output of what I'd worked on. I'd only slept 4.5 hours, so I was pretty dim. Running out of the house, I got to about a block away from my train station before I thought to check if I'd had my cellphone as well as my USB key, which contained my work. A cursory look into the backpack yielded nothing so I ran back to the house only to find nothing, search my bag again and find both items. Dope.

Back to the train station. The office pitstop was out. I was beginning to run late for my appointment. So, I settled into the train ride uptown. Fussing around with the PSP, I looked right and observed, "Why's there a tag on the outside of my shirt?" Upon closer examination, in my rush, I'd put my shirt on inside, out. In the minutes that followed, I toyed with the idea of yanking my shirt over my head on the crowded train to flip my shirt around. "Do they see my shirt's wrong? Will they notice if I take it off? Dang, why didn't I wear an undershirt?" All it would have taken was for me to hook my fingers and VOOP. It would have only been a split second but I opted to be shy and demure than to putting on a show for my fellow passengers. True, I would have given them something to talk about. I waited till I got to the doctor's office's bathroom to flip my shirt right.

The rest of the day improved remarkably. The projects got done and the office now has AC!!!!! Believe me, it was near 90 degrees in the office on Tuesday, this is a blessing. Thanks to Ming and his crew of Asian workers, except the one that repeatedly whistled the same bar of Chinese music. NEXT REFRAIN OR JUST SHUT UP! You were driving me fucking nuts!!!!