Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Wednesday Off

Just got in from a day of doing nothing. Aaahh. Freelancing has it's benefits. How absolutely sinful, right? Well, not really nothing per se, perhaps not a single productive thing. Er, maybe the physical therapist was productive. Ankle is healing nicely, thank you for asking. No pain or such, but best to continue getting therapy until I'm completely confident that it is rehabilitated. The gym could be considered productive too, but I enjoy it as an investment in me.

Let's re-phrase and say, I did nothing work-related. Yippee. Everyone should do that once in a while.

Highlight was lunch and catching up with K. She, her husband and I used to work together and they're some of people whom I still keep in touch with. They are good people. We had a nice, luxuriously long meal. Not completely by choice as our food server seemed to take forever but we had plenty of talking to do. K laid on me some great news and I'm really happy for her. True, I have preserved her anonymity, I'm not at liberty or compelled to say what it is. Blogs have a way of getting back to the wrong people. Dig?

In the course of our prolonged meal, other former co-workers happened to come to the same establishment, one's which I don't keep in touch with. As K and I left, I was obligated to be "nice" and say hello.. Amazing how genuine, a fake smile I could put on. I think I deserve an award.

Afterwards, I walked with K to Blood, Bath and Beyond. She needed a new iron.

We parted ways and I hit the Best Buy at 23rd Street to see if their selection varied from the SoHo store. A cursory stop at the robot store and I headed home.

Sigh.

I feel almost human.