Friday, October 14, 2005

Re-Emergence

The weather has done nothing to improve my mood. Dreary rain has been continuously falling since my return to New York. Nay, it's been coming down even before I'd left. I'm waterlogged, literally, spiritually and emotionally. Like a sponge, I can't hold anymore and it's time to wring it all out.

My playful side is looking for an avenue to stretch it's legs, shake a little booty. My mischevious side is knocking around too, have to keep it in check (or not). evil grin. I'm tired of being bogged down by the mire of sadness. By no means am I through mourning, but I'm looking for some light.

I'll be blowing off some steam, relieving stress, hitting Crobar this Sunday for Victor Calderone's Evolve party. It's been a while since I've heard Victor. Robocub checked him out for New York Pride in June and didn't have great things to say. Not sure what to expect, but I'm hoping for some good music to move to. Fingers crossed.

Further down the line, Friday, October 28th, Danny Tenaglia is playing Spirit for Halloween. Danny's Halloween parties have been notable and fun. If I'm not mistaken, I haven't missed one in six years, dating back to Vinyl/Arc. Wow. Maybe I'll dress up, more than likely, not.

These parties may not shake my funk but it'll give me something new to smile about.

PS: Thank you to everyone that has commented and emailed with their condolence wishes. It has meant a lot to me. And mostly, thanks for reading. Sharing my experiences has been helpful in dealing.