Wednesday, October 05, 2005

When did I go electro house?

Last week, I'd passed on John Acquaviva's Back 2 Basics Electrohouse, purely based on the word "Electrohouse." Saturday, trolling around the Virgin recordstore (again), they happened to be playing the compilation aloud. The chunky electro beats hooked me. Some toe-tapping and body-jigging happened and I had to get a copy. Who knew?



Also picked up,
DJ Yousef and Behrouz
Renaissance Frontiers



Highly recommended. DJ Yousef plays a great ice-breaker on CD1. Some electro beats that'll get you groovin and primed for CD2 with DJ Behrouz, who does not disappoint. His compilations have been aces and I would keep an eye on him and hope to catch him when he plays NY next time.

Today's acquisitions:



Steve Lawler's third opus in the Lights Out series for Global Underground.
Haven't given it a good listen as yet. Ripping to iTunes as we speak, and correcting the damn, hamhanded attempt of entering the track names, someone did on CDDB Gracenote. If you can't do it right, don't do it at all. Well, not really, they get some info right. Means less typing for me. Anyway, I'll update with my impressions when I give it a go. Even if it's good, you couldn't drag me to Spirit, October 21, where Lawler plays again. When a club shuts down at 6:30AM, you can't expect me to be happy and chance that happening again. Nope, uh-uh. Not a chance.

Maybe.



MixMag Live with Max Graham

I've snagged some of Graham's compilations before, with no prior knowledge of what to expect and have been pleasantly surprised each time. Looking forward to seeing what he brings on this one.