Monday, April 24, 2006

Evolve @ Crobar

Sunday Morning, April 23

Simply put, balls-t0-the-walls fun.

I'd been blue-sy all week, melancholy. I'd passed on Sander K. at Crobar Friday night, although I MUST hear him the next time he's in town. Plankton's video short of his opening in LA is HOT, sending chills up my spine. It is a classic club moment.

Hoping to spend some time with some lovely, club boys of the M4M set, to chase my blues away, this time around, it was me inciting Frank (as well, I was the driver with AutoLove.) Last week's good time had me hankering for some more and boy, did i get more.

Arriving around 6:45AM, we breezed in and found Crobar, comfortably full with plenty of room to move and dance.

Lots of good beats served up by Victor Calderone, whose sound has definitely “evolved” in to his own distinct creation. Tech, Tribal and Progressive, all dished out in a relentless, pounding fashion. Unbelieveable. I didn't trainspot many songs, just awestruck by the layering and programming the entire night.

We were moving the moment we got there till 3PM, when he started winding things down.

I've heard him many times throughout the years . This was one of his best performances. Kudos.

It was a great crowd. Mixed in the mid-morning, becoming pre-dominately gay by the end. Ran in many “club friends” reveling too. While it would have been nice to see club crush, G, I didn't let that factor into me having a good time.

Blues have been driven out and after dancing two weekends in a row, I'm feeling rather svelte. Amazing what an 8 hour cardio session will do for you.

Spring is proceeding in a great way. I can't wait for summer.