Sunday, June 11, 2006

Aural Bug

It’s a track I’ve heard within the past year. Danny played it. For whatever reason, it has escaped my memory… until now.

All I’ve got, are the sounds in my head. And suddenly I’ve got the itch to get them out, put a name to them.

As I recollect it, I can remember the sensation of hearing it, loving it.

A peak track, I wish I could categorize it. Deep tech house? Deep progressive? Tech progressive? Minimal tech?!? Sigh. It would make the search a whole lot simpler. I’m not familiar enough with the musical elements of each sub-category of house/dance music to definitively pin it down.

I just know what I like.

This track wrecks me. Now, it’s killing me that I can’t identify it.

Clicking through the virtual record boxes at Satellite Records, playing snippets with Realplayer, it’s easier than going to the vinyl shops and rummaging hopelessly in the boxes. Ugh. And the dust. Yuck. I don’t miss the dust. I’ve got a sensitivity to it. Alas, no need. I can search in the comfort of my own home.

I must’ve listened to a few hundred tracks already.

I don’t even know the timeframe it was released. Arrrgh. Going to have to dig deeper.

I could be patient, wait for the next Danny party on July 3 at Spirit. Maybe he’ll play it and I’ll grab the nearest DTourist, have them ID the track.

Sigh.

Back to searching.


Labels: