Monday, June 19, 2006

Flattering

When a complete stranger on the subway asks me, out of the blue, how to work out and get definition.

6 ft., about 190 lbs. Young, maybe late teens, early twenties. Fairly stacked with smooth, broad shoulders. Disheveled wearing a black tank, sweat pants and workout gloves. He'd probably clean up nice.

Ironically, I'd pegged the kid as trouble. He was looking at me too closely. I became suspicious, staying wary. I never imagined he'd ask me for tips on how to get cut up.

I'll take the implied compliment, Thanks! :)

I felt slovenly, sweating through my tanktop and t-shirt. Like a pack mule, I carried gym bag and laptop. It wasn't like I was dressed up for Alegria or anything, showing my "wares."

Something must've clued him in. Must figure it out.

My adviceā€¦ perhaps you're wondering?
Watch what you eat since "working out" is basically 60% diet and 40% exercise. And do your cardio. That's the broad spectrum answer. For specific muscle groups, do greater reps with less weight, observing proper form to work the muscle's full range of motion.

Labels: