Monday, June 12, 2006

Pouring

No shortage of things going wrong for me.

Alright, I’m being melodramatic, but it sure isn’t a plethora of things going my way.

In no particular order:

MacBook Pro iSight
Inexplicably, I’m not getting a multi-way video chat icon next to my AIM Buddy icon. Meaning, I’m not capable of multi-way video chats. It’s certainly more of an oddity/anomaly/perturbance than any real necessity that I figure out why this is. I’m not looking to get into any hot, XXX multi-way video chatting, but I like to keep my options open.

Something about the MBP is incapable of serving up the multi-vidchat be it the hardware which would be über-irritating, he MBPs configuration or the network. Honestly, I shouldn’t be trying to test this here at work as the network and internet access are locked down fairly well with a firewall. Quite fruitless. Not to mention, my repeated logging on and off, is sure to pique those who have me on their buddy list.

Door open. Door close. Door open. Door close.

Probably leading to my immediate removal from said buddy list forthwith.

I’ll save any additional testing for when I get home.

Smashing Rosetta
In my infinite wisdom, I’ve managed to crash Rosetta, the PowerPC emulation software on the Intel version of Mac OSX. Sure, a restart sets everything right again, but I’ve replicated the problem. Whenever I fanagle the 3d app Swift3D to work under Rosetta, upon quitting, NO PowerPC application will launch.

Currently trolling the Apple User Discussion Forums for any ideas of how this happens.

It’s a problem in the vain of “It hurts when I touch it.” So perhaps I shouldn’t touch it.

Crashing PSP X-Men Legends II
I’ve replayed a section of the game four times, each time leading to a freeze of the PSP and shutdown. Very annoying. Fortunately, I’d the presence of mind, sending an tech support email to Activision.

However their reply was not well received.

Thank you for contacting Activision’s Technical Support. I'm sorry to hear about your problem. I will try as best as I can to help you. This can be caused by exceeding the number of items in your hero stash and inventory. To correct this:
1. Clear out all items from the hero stash and reduce your gear inventory.
2. Save the game.
3. Reboot the system to clear memory.
4. Load the save game back up and play as normal.

This is absurd. Essentially I have to unload all of the items I have lovingly collected. Anyone who has played RPGs knows that’s half the fun. Forget it. I’ll try selling some off and see if that helps.

Missing Jade
When I was young evilbuddha, I’d worn a jade charm. Shaped like a lifesaver, it led to an exorbitant amount of teasing from fellow children.

“Why are you wearing a lifesaver? Are you saving it for later?”
“It’s NOT A LIFESAVER!” I pouted, leading to more teasing. Yet, I wore it diligently. I secretly cursed my little jade charm.

When you’re a kid, it’s hard to live down. Trust me.

At age thirteen, I received from my mother my little jade buddha, the origin of my namesake. I reluctantly relinquished my jade lifesaver to my mother’s safe keeping.

Now, hoping to wear it again, it’s gone missing. My mother can’t find it.

We’ve done the back and forth,

“I can’t find it. You took it.”
“No, I didn’t. Please find it.”

Frustrating.

I really do hope to find it.

Aural Bug (Update)
Haven’t found the track in question.
What’s worse is, the noise in my head has now garbled what little I remember of it.
Struggling to get it back. Crumbs.

Positive End
Horoscope for Leo 06/12 on Astrology.com
Why won't your plans work? Just as you solve the situation with unprecedented ingenuity, it pops up again in a slightly altered form. Don't give up. The universe is trying to distract you from a beautiful surprise.

OOh… I hope it's something good.
I will wrap up all these little loose ends in my favor.

Labels: ,