Friday, March 11, 2005

I don't want to be excited…

…but I can't help myself.


The Star Wars Episode III - Revenge of the Sith trailer is making it's rounds on the internet. It looks awesome. The CGI looks vastly improved and the sinister descent of Anakin Skywalker looks epic. Palpatine plays a bigger role in Sith as it is also his ascension to Emperor, and he is WICKED. The snippet of him against the Jedis is proof enough. That eerie sound sends shivers down my spine.

The positives aside, here are my gripes. The dialogue remains uneven. Mace (Samuel L. Jackson) goes from Jedi-speak to Shaft-speak in a heartbeat. Hayden still can't act, is as wooden as ever and Lucas doesn't fix it. Georgie boy has lost the nuances of storytelling and feels it's necessary to spoon feed everything to his audience, demonstrated by the last scene of the trailer. In ways, wholly cool but wholly unnecessary.

Can't help but look forward to Sith. It's my sincerest hope that it sucks less than Episodes I and II.