Thursday, April 28, 2005

Unintentional S.O.S.

Without meaning to, I sent out a psychic distress call yesterday, whereupon an increase in instances of "out of the blues" occurred. People were coming out of the woodworks, saying "what's up?", "how's it going?", in email and chat. Mind you, I'm not complaining, but it just seems too coincidental.

Strangely enough, lots of these OOTBs were phrased in the form of, "Where have you been?", "Why don't you write?" and "Where were you when I needed you?" Seeing as I don't have an unsarcastic bone in my body, it took all of my power to be polite and say, "I've been here all along." Really. Haven't gone anywhere. I did throw in "How are your hands? I figure they've been broken too, like mine. Wondering how they're healing."

I've assured everyone of my well-being and sanity, or rather a close facsimile of sanity. My social calendar has gone to inexplicably full for the next month or so. Going to have to be careful next time when I feel any strong emotions, may have to wrap my head in aluminum foil. Hopefully that won't amplify my thoughts, but it sure beats wearing my colander hat.