Monday, April 25, 2005

The weekend that was - Saturday

This weekend was a bit of blur. Is it bad that most of my weekends end up feeling like this? And why is it that I have so much to say?

Anyway…

Saturday. There was a requisite drop-in to the BFs twin sister's to visit, have breakfast and spend some quality time with her son. The rest of the day was spent doing nothing.

Mentally, I was psyching myself up for the evening and Sunday.

Frank and I were invited to a party at his friend Jimmy's. This party was a pre-Fire Island party, whereupon the housemates and their friends gathered to get drunk before the Fire Island season begins, whereupon they'll probably spend whole weekends in the same drunken state. Sounds like fun, I plan on visiting a lot.

We were at the party ridiculously early since we were also driving Mark, one of the FI housemates who was helping to set-up the party. He didn't need to do anything to which I asked Frank, why did we arrive so early? So naturally, we started drinking early. By the time the party hit capacity, Frank and I were adequately smashed.

At one point, I found myself mucking with the party music/iPod, while Mariah Carey crooned. We all know how I feel about Mariah. I skipped through 2 songs before, in a mirror, I spied Trevor (hot) raising an eyebrow, looking in my general direction. I turned and Trevor confronted me.

What's wrong with the music?
It's Mariah Carey, I'm not a fan.
What would YOU like to hear?

It was about now, that somewhere in the recesses of my short term memory (currently besieged by alcohol), that I recalled Jimmy mentioning that Trevor was bringing his iPod with a custom playlist for tonight's party.

Let the backpedaling begin.

Long/short, Trevor admonished me to which I sheepishly apologized and agreed, it is a pre-Fire Island party and he had to entertain to a fair amount of tastes. While I'm inclined to believe I don't have to listen to what I don't want to, I should tolerate it. Others may like to hear it. I tried my best to endear myself to Trevor. Uncertain if I succeeded. We did have a nice conversation once I spun it off the topic of music. Did I mention Trevor is hot?

11:30PM - Frank, after eating 3 hot dogs to sober up (ew), said it was time to go. The sky was belching water in torrents as I stepped out to get into the car. We had a big day planned for Sunday, the After-Hours Party at Crobar with Victor Calderone. Both of us wanted to get home to sleep. Home in a half hour, asleep in 5 minutes, eagerly awaiting the time to get up.

NOT.