Tuesday, April 19, 2005

If you've got nothing nice to say…

…don't say anything at all.

So the saying goes.

I was having a severe case of the mondays yesterday. I had a very hard time modulating my mood, everything seemed bleaker than it really was and annoyances had me seething uncontrollably. I started and stopped about three blog posts yesterday. They all seemed too negative.

But I'm better now.

Another full nights rest and a good trip to the gym will do wonders. The gym always helps but unfortunately, it's one of the things that requires some measure of motivation to happen. A workout will help elevate my mood and inject some much needed endorphins. Without said motivation, I'd pass usually grumbling about not wanting to drop the weight on myself, so on and so forth. Excuses, excuses, like procrastination, you'll find you're only screwing yourself.

But I'm better now.

It's not like I had a bad weekend, on the contrary, I had a great weekend. The one thing that set me off was my mother and her phone call on Sunday.

Hello?
Davis. (She said my Chinese name. No, I won't give you the phonetics.)
Mother.
Your father wants to talk to you.
What?
Son, are you busy on Thursday? Your mother and I are leaving for Hong Kong. Can you drive us to the airport?

Well, well, sneaky so and so. Her sons are nothing more than a convenience. My other brothers were obviously unavailable and I'm a last ditch choice. I feel no affinity and no obligation for her. Out of the three sons, she knows I'm the only one that'll outright say "No" to her. So, the sly one threw my father into it. Of course, I'm more than pleased to learn that she never asked my other two brothers. My older brother drives like a maniac and my younger brother drives a boat. I'm guessing she'd much rather ride in sanity and style.

Suffice to say, I'm frustrated that I can't adequately elucidate my feelings to my mother since my Chinese sucks and so does her English. Trust me, the broken English and the broken Chinese gets a little too strenuous especially when you're talking about something important.

I'll find a way. I have to.

But I'm better now.

I swear.


On to some happier stuff, it's new release Tuesday. Here are some acquisitions from BestBuy.

For the convenience of being on the go and having the PSP, the following:



And filling in some of the ongoing collections: