Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Crazy Fan Folk

I was a little slow moving this morning and I slept late. It's Tuesday. I went out this weekend. Some of you get it. Anyway, before I'd even walked out of the house, I got a voicemail from O about a line of people, collected in front of Best Buy this morning apparently to see Mariah Carey at 7PM. I texted him back saying, perhaps you should send my BF a msg., since he's the fan, not I.

I swear, I'm not.

I thought O may be having some confusion and asked, are you sure it's Best Buy, not Virgin? He replied, "The Best Buy behind you." I work in NoHo and they opened one on Broadway. Not "behind" me per se... but near.

I emerged from the Broadway-Lafayette station and turned the corner from Houston to Broadway. Ahead, I could see gates set up. Walking closer, I could see the line was originating in front of the BB, about the middle of the block extending to the end of the block before wrapping around again. Essentially the line was a block long. I kept walking and proceeded to work. Didn't care to ask what the hell was going on.


I did return to BB at lunch. It's new release Tuesday and I intended to pick-up some new releases. Turns out, this morning's queue was for people to get wristbands so that they could return to BB, to have Ms. Carey sign their purchased CD. ::eyeroll:: She's released her latest piece of crap drivel self-serving monkey spunk over-hyped turd album, The Emancipation of Mimi. Those who have acquired their bracelets will more than likely return later to see Ms. C.

As you'll note from the photo, some of them have already lined up in anticipation of Ms. C. Don't you people have jobs? They're bundled in blankets and most brought their own folding chairs. I felt sorry for them. Best Buy wasn't on the sunny side of Broadway at the time. Okay, maybe not that sorry.


In all fairness, I should give Mariah's album a listen, but I really don't have a choice in the matter. The BF loves her and I've already got him a copy. I'll be hearing it over and over and over and over and over again. Ah the price of sex love.

Acquisitions for ME: