Thursday, April 07, 2005

PSP - An Update

Untold Legends
Basher, my druid, is leveling up nicely, currently at Lvl. 17. I'd defeated the Matron Skulgra and my thumb was adequately sore that day. I ran like a bitch and threw stars at her until she died.
The last big encounter was with the Rotting Priest in the Sacred Vaults. He was no joke but neither was I. Dispatched him on my second try, with flaming arrows.

I loaded up my game at this moment to discover my druid is not wearing pants!! How'd that happen? Must've been hitting the circuit parties without me. HA. Get it? Circuit party… circuits in the PSP…

oh nevermind.








Picked up Mercury today. It's a different from the typical puzzle game. If you've played Marble Blast on the Mac, it's the same premise except you have a blob of mercury as opposed to a ball.



Here's a synopsis of the game from ebgames.com.
Mercury is a refreshingly unique game with roots in many genres. Mercury provides an addictive challenge through its simple gaming mechanic. Players "tilt" each level to maneuver the blobs of mercury, with various switches, platforms, obstacles, and hazards standing between level goals.

Powering Mercury is a sophisticated engine that calculates every gloopy part of the liquid metal as it bends and melds around everything in its path. As the digitized mercury smoothly ebbs and flows under such simple controls, players experience the purest form of gaming.

While the controls are simple, the game itself is extremely addictive. Puzzle elements include splitting the mercury into several colored component parts in order to open gates and activate switches. The maze-like environments require lateral thinking in order to navigate the mercury from start to finish. The sprawling 3D levels require clever, yet hit-yourself-when-you-work-it-out solutions.