Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Counterbalance.

My last post was interpreted by one reader as being angry. I was going for "fed up" and sardonic. I can see how I've been misread. It's all really fuzzy.

In lieu of this fact, here's a light-hearted post. Hopefully, I can purge some of my "negativity" by focusing on something besides the apes fellow citizens I live amongst.

Yesterday was new release Tuesday and here are some of my recent DVD acquisitions.

DVDs From Best Buy:

Mad Hot Ballroom


Samurai 7 V.2 Escape from the Merchants - Limited Edition Boxed Set

Note: There is a price disparity on BB's website to what I'd paid yesterday. For those interested, you can definitely do better. I did.

As anime is reaching a broader audience and more people are seeking the DVDs, retail establishments, like Best Buy, have taken notice and raised their prices. Forcing me to seek them online at more reasonable prices. I'm surprised to admit that I've found Amazon to be much better in cost. However, I've also noticed fluctuations in price there as well. In the case of Fafner 2, I'd bought it at $23, it now lists at $27.
Still, if you opt for the Free Super Saving Shipping, you come out cheaper than buying it locally. It does take some time and does test my patience. Instant gratification is expensive.

The Amazon Acquisitions

Gantz Vol. 8 Deathwatch




Fafner 2 Ultimate Sacrifice




Samurai Champloo 5



On order with Amazon:

Batman Begins



Note: I'd originally picked this up at Best Buy, only to find it cheaper on Amazon by $7. That is a huge difference. So, co-worker couldn't wait, so I sold my copy to him and I'm patiently waiting for mine to arrive.

Planetes Vol. 3




This past weekend, I finally got around to watching:

Full Metal Alchemist Vol. 5 - Cost of Living



Brilliant. Fun, dark and deep.