Friday, January 13, 2006

Homo Bar Crawl

Also known as, "The Search for Cute Gay NYC."

Mr. O and I hit the town for a few, after work drinks.

The bars:

G Lounge - One bartender was über-handsome with inked big arms, a fit body, nice ass and boyish man face. I imagined myself hanging from his arms. The crowd - meh. No one took my breath away. I looked for the diamond in the rough and even then I was disappointed. 2 Drinks.

Elmo - Way too crowded but we should have gone in for a nosh. Did not eat which may not have been the wisest course of action.

GYM - Immediately hit with the humid, musky scent of a locker room when we walked it. Not cute. Neither was the crowd. 1 Drink.

Barracuda - This is the place to go if you weren't looking for a crowd. E-M-P-T-Y.
1 Drink

Secret - Private Party. We should have crashed.

The Eagle - The downstairs bar was empty. Everyone must have been on the upper floors, but we couldn't join. Mr. O's white sneakers were not proper dress code. 1 Drink.

The Slide - The few times I've been to The Slide, it was crowded with East Village kids. Last night, empty. The last drink.

Our quest for cute, gay NYC came up empty like the bars we went to. Don't people go out on Thursday nights anymore? Or am I missing the hot spots? I need to ask Richard. His blog is a boy magnet and he seems to know where the boys are.

Well… Mr. O and I had fun catching up.

The train ride home was uneventful. Save for the fact that in my drunken stupor, I'd gotten off a train I needed to stay on. My alcohol addled mind had misinterpreted the conductor's announcements. Fun. Not! It meant I had to focus on staying awake for another 20 minutes.

Home at 2:30AM. After showering, immediately to bed. Greeted by the BF with "You stink of alcohol."

zzZzzzZzzz

Fin.