Sunday, January 01, 2006

So this is New Year's day?

To start, let me say "Happy New Year."

Did everyone have a good celebration? Good. My best to you all.

Me? NYE was spent out in an outer borough, Staten Island for those that care. We were thrilled to bring such a tumultuous year to a close. 2005 will go down in infamy. Nothing off beat to report, just good food, some drink and the company of close friends.

New Year's day was cold, but not too cold for an NYC winter day. Somewhat bleak. On the whole, a nice day just to BE.

I've been thoughtful on the general nuances of today, New Year's day. This was the first time in many years that after the ball dropped, I didn't immediately tear out of the company of the BF, to a club in the city where I'd dance the morning away into the afternoon.

I'd spared myself the exorbitant cost of partying on NYE, which is never commensurate to the experience. Plunking down $60 or more for the admission only, I couldn't stomach.

Junior at the Roxy? @$75 a head? Um… That's asking too much for the loathsome Roxy. Not for me. I'm sure there was no lack of takers. I had a good time last year but only marginally so. I'd had to contend with "when tweaked gayasians attack." I was fresh chum in the water. Not cute. The only memorable bit that came out of the event, happened after the fact. *evil grin*

Victor at Crobar? Hmmm… no, not him either, I'm afraid. HIs parties are too mixed, slanting more to the straight crowd, which I have less tolerance for, of late. At least with boy parties, I have more eye candy and less mammary roadblocks to contend with. They do wield them like weapons.

Any other venue promised to be a T&A/roid boy event and all had a running cost of, at least, $100 per head. Goodness! I'll have none of that.

Nope, there was no clubbing to bring in the new year. No late morning partying and carousing. Whereupon returning home, I'd sleep some, waking to snog with the BF and then spend the rest of the day doing something the BF has insisted we do, being too tired to really object and mentally disconnected.

So with my uncommon coherence, I've been reflective. I found it not all too objectionable, satisfying even. Still, a part of me is saddened with no NYE booty shaking but it'll pass. I'm saving my energy up for MLK weekend.

What didn't change, we did what the BF wanted. We visited with his brother's family in Staten Island. Yes, Staten Island, again. Can't get enough of that island.

A quiet afternoon, I set up and configure the BF's brother's wireless router, a purely selfish act. Now, whenever we hang out, I'll have my laptop and can kill time surfing. Joy. In the process, I put the BF's nephew's, little J's PSP on the wireless network as well. We were fearful that while he might not traipse around questionable websites, his sex starved neighbor friends would. Kids will be kids. Played poker. FYI, I let her win. Also watched the remastered Superman on cable, nice and clean like you've never seen it before.

More food was consumed. Ugh. Done with holidays. Done with food. It's going to be salads for a while.