Friday, January 06, 2006

Office Politics…

…makes me ill.

Ugh.

Manager took co-worker and me aside to tell us a few things, off the record. Doesn't involve us directly, but the nonsense does have impact on us.

It stresses me so. A tightness in my chest, I feel like a vice clamped down around my heart, figuratively and literally. It's been a long time since I've had this feeling, but I don't like it anymore now.

I don't know why people do it. Well, I do know why, it's the only way some people can get ahead rather than based on their personal merits. Perhaps it's how some people can conscientiously stomach it that troubles me most. The manipulation, obvious pandering and brown nosing, I can't understand how some people fall for it either. Sigh. Advertising. Stroke an ego, you'll get whatever you want. Guess it comes with the territory.

My righteousness, my sense of justice cries out in pain.