Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I don't get Owen Wilson.

Seriously, I don't. It's the nose. I can't get past it. It's distracting. Am I being shallow? Perhaps his goofy, laidback personality endears him to people, they can see past the nose. His drippy, puppy dog face, makes my eyes roll.

I don't hear many people saying he's handsome and certainly don't hear people saying he's a great actor. Not that I go out on to the street, taking a poll on Owen Wilson. Not losing sleep over it.

Regardless, I tend to avoid his films.
I Spy? Shudder.
Starsky & Hutch? Bleech!!
Did I see them? Perish the thought!!
He should stay away from television rehashes.

Unfortunately, he's a popular choice to fill out a cast, making it impossible to avoid him altogether. I did take great joy when his character in Armageddon and The Haunting bit it.

Why do I go on about Owen Wilson?
Well, in spite of him, I picked up and watched Wedding Crashers yesterday.



While Owen Wilson's character did not bite the big one, it was an enjoyable, funny film nonetheless. Largely in part to Vince Vaughn, who does not annoy me and is funny. And Bradley Cooper who, in my opinion, is gosh darn hot!!!



Playing a turn as Zack "Sack" Lodge, a blue-blood, knuckle-headed brute, Bradley with short-cropped hair (yum!) was looking beefy. He definitely commanded my attention when he was on screen.

Wedding Crashers had a well-rounded cast with Christopher Walken (always an evilBuddha favorite) and Rachel McAdams. It was good to see her again but she was much better playing a bitch in Mean Girls.

I nearly forgot, Jane Seymour, yes Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman, was hilarious, too.

Wedding Crashers, I recommend it for a good laugh (in spite of Owen Wilson.)

Also picked up: