Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Out, About, Up too late

Tuesday
7:15PM
Met up with the BF and friend K, visiting from SF, for drinks at GYM.
Unexpectedly, yet happily, ran into RoboCub and pals as well.
Imbibed. Friend O arrives, the circle is complete.

7:55PM
Head out for 8PM Reservations at Nooch.
Imbibed some more.
Order appetizers, everything is fried.

Yum
… for now.

Not feeling adventurous I have Seafood Pad Thai.
Chow down. Soon, I’m stuffed.

9:30PM
We say goodnight and goodbye to Mr. K, putting him in a cab.
Mr. O, BF and I walk over to Union Square.

10:15
PM
Uneventful train ride. We arrive home. Rumble in the my tummy.

11:15
PM
BF has retired to bed. My tummy is not happy.
Allergy threshold has been crossed, eyes burn and itch. Great.

1:35
AM
Flipping channels between Mega Movers on the History Channel, where they’re moving an oil rig from Singapore to the Gulf of Mexico and Oil Sweat and Rigs, where they’re rigging and lifting off the sea floor the remnant legs of a lost oil rig. Fascinating.

My stomach is a lump.


2:35
AM
Tired of sitting on the couch and watching TV, I prop up some pillows and sit in bed, hoping to fall asleep.

Rest finds me, but fitfully.

Wednesday
My stomach still doesn't feel right, precipitating a funk.
I've mentally slipped.
I'm a tired, cranky sod.
I've finally put something in my stomach and it doesn't feel all too disagreeable.
Slowly making my way back.